Within our kāinga (hostels) we strive to create a supportive, whanau oriented and culturally appropriate environment that will give our students every opportunity to succeed. Our foundations are Māori kaupapa and the Christian faith and our values are embedded in our care.
Our rangatahi quickly develop a sense of belonging within our kāinga. One of the keys of this success is the fact that the students live full time at the kāinga. They are immersed in the home like environment and each student is surrounded and supported by the others and our amazing staff. They form deep connections with each other and develop strong personal friendships which we have witnessed live on beyond their years at InZone.
At present, the InZone Boys Te Kāinga Wānanga is home away from home for 48 boys and the InZone Girls Te Kāinga Huarahi is home for 24 girls.
Our kāinga provide wrap around support for our students including:
- Support for students’ academic and educational aspirations, including study programs
- Tutoring and mentorship tailored to the learning of Māori and Pacific Island students
- Careers advice and goal setting
- Sports, cultural, and life skills programs
- Inspirational visiting speakers
- Parental involvement
- A whanau-type living environment
- Extra opportunities for social, spiritual and personal development, including training in financial literacy and public speaking
- Inter-denominational Christian pastoral care
- Quality care, supervision and a safe and secure environment.