Applications for 2022
Applications are now open for rangatahi entering high school in 2022
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW FOR 2022 FOR YEAR 9/FORM 3
Availability for older students will be dependent on the year levels with vacancies. Please register your interest for rangatahi already in high school here:
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR 2022, YEAR 10 / FORM 4 AND OLDER
- Intake 1 – Deadline 20th June
- It is anticipated that up to 50% of places will be allocated
- Interviews to take place 28th June to 9th July (at each school)
- Intake 2 – Deadline 12th September
- Interviews to take place 20th September to 1st October (at each school)
- The last date applications will be accepted are 1st November 2021 however, there is no guarantee that places will still be available.
- All short-listed applicants will be notified no later than 26th November regarding acceptance or not.
InZone is committed to supporting Māori and Pasifika rangatahi to achieve their full potential in terms of educational, leadership, personal, academic, cultural, community and transitional opportunities. To ensure this life changing opportunity is available for all Māori and Pasifika rangatahi, we aim to keep our whānau Boarding Fee as affordable as possible. To be able to do this, it is necessary for us to fundraise a significant portion of the actual cost which we could only do with the help of generous donations from individuals, charitable entities and our annual fundraiser.
The 2021 InZone Fees payable by whānau is $9,500 per annum. 2022 Fees are yet to be determined. If you are eligible for the Ministry of Education Boarding Allowance, the whānau contribution is $2,500.
To check eligibility please click here:
* Please note that the 2020 Average Boarding Fee across Aotearoa was $14,500.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
There are a number of third party bursaries or scholarships that may be available to your tamariki such as through the Māori Education Trust and various Trust Boards that provide limited financial assistance based on tribal qualifications (listed here). If you would like your tamariki to attend InZone but you are concerned about the cost, then please call us to talk through options.
School related costs
Please note: there will also be costs associated with attending the school such as school fees, uniforms, camps and stationery and will be payable by you directly to the school. Details can be found on the respective school websites.